Stand-Up Comedian and Host of, "The Debaters Live"
There is such a thing as luck
Just For Laughs: Steve Patterson | CBC
why you need
Familiar to hundreds of thousands of Canadians as the host of CBC Radio One’s hit show The Debaters, Steve Patterson’s material combines razor sharp wit and meticulously crafted, up-to-the-moment social commentary, with a measure of musicality. Steve is a highly sought after host and comedian for corporate events and fundraisers.
Familiar to hundreds of thousands of Canadians as the host of CBC Radio One’s hit show “The Debaters” since 2007, Steve Patterson is a veteran comedian equally comfortable as a Master of Ceremonies, headline comedian or keynote speaker. His material is a combination of razor sharp wit and meticulously crafted, up-to-the-moment social commentary, with a measure of musicality thrown in where appropriate. He has appeared on numerous nationally televised comedy specials over the past two decades and twice earned the title “Best Male Stand-up Comedian” at the Canadian Comedy Awards (2011 and 2013). His work has received considerable praise over the years, but none more poignant than at a Just For Laughs Festival gala when he shared the stage with comedy icon Steve Martin who proclaimed of Patterson: “If I’d known he was going to be THAT good, I would have cancelled him.” In an effort to continue to prove he is THAT good, Patterson has toured his one-man show called This Is Not Debatable in theatres nationwide and released a comedy recording of the same title which earned him another Canadian Comedy Award nomination. He also added author to his credits with the publication of his first book, The Book of Letters I Didn’t Know Where to Send which is available in bookstores nationwide, online and on audible.ca.
The Debaters Live
Be it resolved that The Debaters Live! is a fantastic way to liven up your next event, corporate function, or fundraiser. Debaters host, Steve Patterson, and two stand-up comedians who have appeared on the show will entertain your group with a relevant exchange of facts and funny, tailored to suit your needs.
As always, The Debaters guarantees comedy that is manufactured with 100 percent original and hilarious material.
The Debaters Live is also available in a virtual format for on-line events
“OMG - I LOVE THIS MAN!!! He was amazing!! He did better than hold the crowd’s attention….. he owned them!!!!!
I would and will work with him again in a second – he as a true professional and one of the funniest emcee’s we have ever had!!”
“Over the past few years, Steve has made a huge impression on our gala attendees. He is gregarious, hilarious, and whip-smart. He tailors his material to our crowd, can be seen jotting down jokes about breaking news at the very last minute, and truly isn’t afraid to toe the line – a combination that makes for a truly remarkable host. Our guests were floored by his performance in the first year he joined us, and they’ve been begging to have him back every year since! Steve is right on the money.”
Writers' Trust Of Canada
- Just For Laughs Festival gala (with Steve Martin)
- One-man show, ’ This Is Not Debatable’ toured in theatres nationwide
- Over 15 years of touring experience
- In addition to playing every major city in Canada (and most of the minor ones) he has also headlined in Ireland, Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom and the United Arab Emirates
- Canadian Olympic Committee
- Coca-Cola Canada
- Best Buy
- Future Shop
- Investor’s Group
- Manulife Financial
- Diageo Group
film / tv / broadcast credits
- CBC Radio One’s hit show, The Debaters (since 2007)
- Canadian Comedy Award (2011)
- Industry gala nights for both the Geminis (2011) and Canadian Screen Awards (2013 & 2014)
- CBCs Short Film Face Off (2011-2015)
- Comic Vision Tour (2012 & 2014).
- Hosted a pilot for HGTV Canada called, I Wrecked My House
awards / nominations
- Two time award winner “Best Male Stand-up Comedian” at the Canadian Comedy Awards (2011 and 2013).
- Two 2015 Canadian Comedy Award nominations for Best One Person Show and Best Taped Live Performance for “This is Not Debatable”
- Two nominations for “Comedy Person of the Year”
- 2015 Canadian Screen Award nomination for “I Wrecked My House”