Stand-Up Comedian and Writer
How Woman Think of Prison
When Tandem Kayaking Goes Wrong
why you need
Best known for her rapier wit on the CBC radio hit The Debaters, Erica has made quite a name for herself in Canadian comedy. In addition to appearing at every major comedy festival in Canada, Erica was chosen as one of five comics to travel to Afghanistan as part of the CBC special StandUp in Kandahar, which received rave reviews.
Erica Sigurdson is a Canadian comedian, writer, producer, and haberdasher. Sigurdson has Icelandic ancestry. She is a two-time Canadian Comedy Award nominee, a Leo Award-winning comedy writer and is regularly featured on CBC Radio’s smash hit The Debaters.
She has been performing stand-up across Canada for ten years, has travelled to Afghanistan to entertain the troops and was a semi-finalist in the Seattle International Comedy Competition. She is a nine-time repeat guest on the Maximum Fun show Stop Podcasting Yourself. Best known for her rapier wit on CBC Radio’s smash hit The Debaters, Erica Sigurdson is in high demand for radio, television and live appearances. In addition to her twenty-seven appearances on The Debaters, Erica has recorded five television specials in 2013 alone.
“Our event was absolutely wonderful. Erica was such a pleasure to work with, hilarious and adapted her act as she went to suit our employees. She really worked hard to make our event a success and I would not hesitate to work with her again or recommend her to someone else”.
Pacific Blue Cross
"I wanted to thank you again for your excellent comedy and emcee'ing for our CCBST conference on Tuesday. Everyone I have spoken to enjoyed it very much, and I think the laughter in the room is a perfect testament to that."
Vancouver, British Columbia
- Montreal Just For Laughs
- Winnipeg, Halifax, St. John’s, Moncton, P.E.I., Sudbury and Vancouver Comedy Festivals
- Entertained the Troops in Afghanistan
- Pacific Blue Cross
- Regina Chamber of Commerce
- BC Foster Parents Association
- Home Hardware
film / tv / broadcast credits
- Regular on CBC Radio’s smash hit, The Debaters
- Nine-time repeat guest on the Maximum Fun show, Stop Podcasting Yourself
- Comedy Now! Special for CTV
- Television special for CBC called Stand-Up in Kandahar
- Story editor on season one of the new CBC comedy, Mr. D.
- Writer for a CTV television variety show pilot
- Writer for CBC situational comedy pilot
- Regular contributor to CBC radio programs, including 'The Current' and 'Definitely Not The Opera'
awards / nominations
- Two-time Canadian Comedy Award nominee
- Co-writer for The 21st Annual Gemini Awards for which she and co-writer Peter Kelamis were awarded a Leo Award for ‘Best Screenwriting in a Comedy, Music or Variety Program or Series’.
- Semi-finalist in the Seattle International Comedy Competition