Making people laugh at what’s trivial while helping them think deeply about what counts
Emcee, Host and Conference Weaver
Bill Carr | Motivational Humourist
why you need
Bill introduces performers and speakers in a way that puts audience members at ease, introduces program items, presents awards, and recognizes sponsors. Bill performs these tasks in a timely, socially appropriate, and humour-filled style, ensuring that audience interest and excitement.
Bill Carr is known as a multi-media artist, an actor, humorist, writer, speaker and social activist. For over twenty-five years, Bill has been making people laugh at what’s trivial while helping them think deeply about what counts. Bill helps people see their world in new and exciting ways. His unique blend of humour and insight inspires laughter and consideration, offering his audience a fresh perspective on what they face everyday. At the root of all of Bill’s work is the use of humour to help people reflect on their own innate human nature and understand who they are in a greater social context.
Throughout his career, Bill has performed on theatrical stages across Canada and internationally. He continues to be active in film and television with a role in the 2017 Spike TV series “The Mist”, an upcoming principal role in “The Spinster” releasing in 2019 with Chelsea Perreti and as “Lloyd Dallas” in Neptune Theatre’s incoming production of “Noises Off” from February 26 to March 17 2019. Bill is the recipient of two Atlantic Journalism awards for his satirical commentaries and is known for his work as a social commentator with CBC’s The Journal and Midday, and a weekly columnist with The Sunday Edition of the Daily News and the Chronicle Herald. Bill was also the regular host of “Saturday Mornings with Bill Carr” with RogersFM.
Bill has also authored his first book, Acting Up: Lessons from the Theatre of Life. Bill is an active volunteer in his community. He is an honorary Trustee of the IWK Health Centre and appears annually on the IWK Children’s Hospital Telethon in partnership with CTV Atlantic. Bill also regularly serves as host & emcee for events in support of charitable causes and the arts such as Unicef, YMCA, Neptune Theatre, Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia, Symphony Nova Scotia, Hospice Halifax, Cumberland County Hospice Society, and Habitat For Humanity.
“I wanted to pass along what a fantastic job Bill did at last night’s Contact Centre Association Awards Gala. He kept the night flowing and engaged the audience throughout the night. It was evident he did his homework on the attendees and they truly enjoyed the banter back and forth and the very relevant stories (told in a way only Bill can tell J) that spoke volumes to what they do day over day. We will have no hesitation reaching out next year to bring Bill back to our event. Thank you and kudos to Bill for a very entertaining evening!”
Contact Centre Association
"The event was a huge success! Bill was fantastic. He brought the right tone to the event; funny at the right time, respectful and warm at the right time. I also really appreciate the fact that he worked within the production timings – The live auction was under budget and that’s also thanks to Bill. He really worked hard to drive up those prices. This is one of the smoothest running dinners I have ever done. I am always honest with my feedback, good or bad, but honestly, I can’t really imagine how he could have done a better job. I will want to work with him again next year."
Canadian Paraplegic Association
Toronto, Ontario or Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Host & emcee for events in support of charitable causes and the arts:
- Neptune Theatre
- Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia
- Symphony Nova Scotia
- Hospice Halifax
- Cumberland County Hospice Society
- Habitat For Humanity
- Association of Municipal Administrators
- Service Canada
- Rotary International
- Canadian Medical Association
- Atlantic Provinces Funeral Directors & Service Convention
- Professional Institute of the Public Service
- Canadian Health Food Association
film / tv / broadcast credits
- “Judge Campbell” in season 2 of Diggstown on CBC
- Principal role as Jack in the movie, “Spinster”, Whistler Film Festival 2019
- Host of "Shift For Brains" on Rogers 97.5 FM in Halifax
- 2017 Spike TV series “The Mist”
- “Lloyd Dallas” in Neptune Theatre’s production of “Noises Off” (2019).
- Social commentator with CBC’s The Journal and Midday
- Weekly columnist with The Sunday Edition of the Daily News and the Chronicle Herald
- Regular host of “Saturday Mornings with Bill Carr”, RogersFM.
- Honorary Trustee of the IWK Health Centre and appears annually on the IWK Children’s Hospital Telethon in partnership with CTV Atlantic.
awards / nominations
Recipient of two Atlantic Journalism awards for his satirical commentaries